Monday, April 18, 2011

Tracking my MINI Countryman :: My MINI is En Route!!! *UPDATE


Finally! Calling 866-Ask-MINI reveals that my MINI Countryman is "En Route" or in transit, meaning it has left the port of exit , Bremerhaven, taking a 4 week long ocean cruise, joined by fellow 'passengers' enjoying great buffet and parties, heading toward the port of entry, Port Hueneme, Calironia, USA! I am quite stoked as I can now follow and track the ship as it crosses the big pond and passes through Panama Canal. However, I haven't heard from my MA yet as for the name of the car carrier vessel. I am really hoping it's the Auriga Leader (pictured above) that left Bremerhaven on April 14. So stay tuned for the update very soon.

*UPDATE : Just received an email from my MA. My MINI Countryman is on board Auriga Leader. Confirmed! The mad ship tracking begins now!!! It is however irritating that this confirmation comes 3-4 days after the ship left Bremerhaven.

 More on this later, but according to marinetraffic.com, Auriga Leader is in Celtic Sea after stopping by Southampton to pick up its brothers and sisters (Hardtops, Convertibles, and Clubman)



[Source :: Marinetraffic ]

11 comments:

  1. Get your eyeballs on for Panama - watching for Auriga Leader to go from left to right on its entry to the Panama Canal lake.
    http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html?cam=GatunHi
    -ghamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Thanks for the link!!! Will surely be checking it and post up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction: Right to left, from Atlantic to the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the waves are pretty high (26 feet or so) where Auriga Leader is right now - better later.
    http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/mmm.html?map=wave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch.. that's pretty insane! I've read some horror stories...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 15 to 16 knots is pretty pathetic. Do you have any data since it left Europe (the ship tracker I've been watching only works near the shore)? Do we have an update on the expected arrival in Panama?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still pretty rough in the North Atlantic along the route to Panama, but soon the waves will calm down and it'll be smooth sailing.
    http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/atlm.html?map=wave

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, this is getting to be fun. I downloaded the Android app for Marinetraffic, created a fleet consisting of Auriga Leader, and set notifications for in/out of range, ETA updates, etc. We'll see what happens when Fenton's ship gets near Panama.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! Let me know how the Marinetraffic app does. I might add to my iPhone as well and see how it works...

    I am trying various sources for the possibility to track the Auriga Leader in the middle of ocean. Perhaps subscribing to paid service does more? I don't know.. more reserach...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trying to connect the MarineTraffic data with the canal has been difficult with the default viewing. Much more information is available (for matching with the webcams) from the satellite view.
    From the Atlantic to the lake:
    http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?centerx=30&centery=25&zoom=2&level1=140

    From the lake to the Pacific - first lock set:
    http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK - I ordered a MINI Countryman (also Surf Blue with a black roof and black stripes) on 4/21/11 and it is now en route. My MA states that he has no idea as to what ship it is on. I told him that other owners on the MINI forums know what ship their MINIs are being transported on and he asked me to ask how do they know. Any idea on how I can help him get a clue??

    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete