Monday, April 11, 2011

[UPDATE] MINI can Pre-Program my MINI to think like me?

Does your car think like you? MINI certainly thinks it does. I received an email from MINI the other day and it told me it can pre-program some settings in before the delivery for my liking. Presetting my favorite radio stations, when and how my MINI should lock and unlock the doors, frequency of my blinker signal, DRL on/off and more! How cool is that! and how does it work? Follow the jump to find out.

UPDATE: The representative at MINI (866-Ask-MINI) was not able to provide as to why the site would not transmit the preference and display error page. While he actually seemed unaware of such email/website, he did told me that he will place an inquiry about the issue. He also recommended talking to MA at MINI center regarding the pre-programming the vehicle. They should be able to set it up regardless as the site was designed to simply relay the information/preference to the MINI center.


MINI certainly knows how to keep you on your toes and keep engaged until the delivery. It seems they periodically sends you some interesting emails like this "Pre-Program"  And as it certainly is a very cool idea, I followed the link in little excitement.


Which led me to the following page with multiple option settings


After filling the form out then double checking my choices, I hit the "Submit" button again with a little excitement as I still think it's quite nifty! But... what I didn't know was the disappointment that is waiting for me on the next page.

DUH! I am going to call 1-866-Ask-MINI tomorrow and get to the bottom of this issue!

UPDATE: The representative at MINI (866-Ask-MINI) was not able to provide as for the reason the site does not work. While he seemed unaware of such email/website, he did told me that he will place an inquiry about the issue. He also recommended talking to MA at MINI center regarding the pre-programming the vehicle. They should be able to set it up regardless as the site was designed to simply relay the information/preference to the MINI center. However, since it's the experience that counts and the reason why MINI set up the site in first place, MINI should fix this issue!

Originally posted 04.06.2011

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm.....I never got this email.

    Were you able to get to the bottom of the issue?

    My ALL4 has been in Bremerhaven for about 3 days now. Looks like we're on a pretty similar timeline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Chuck!

    Yey~ you are the First commenter at Countrymanmotoring.com!!! Congratulations! :)

    I will definitely give you an update when I find out what's going on. (tomorrow!)

    Are you on the east or west side?

    ReplyDelete
  3. East side! Mine should come in through Charleston, as I'm in Greenville, SC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Your ALL4 will get to you only in about 2 weeks.. shaving off at least 1-2 weeks compared to west coast delivery!

    ReplyDelete