Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Video :: What is MINI Connected?

One item that I did not want to miss out when I ordered the Countryman was MINI Connected. Vehicle infotainment and connectivity is a big thing these days and it seems almost all manufacturers either already have or will include them in their cars, and I certainly wanted to experience the best MINI has to offer. MINI Connected allows the driver to simply tuck an iPhone into the built-in USB port making it one with the MINI hi-res cockpit display. Also, you can monitor your driving efficiency and even update your Facebook and Twitter status on the move. On top of that, the GUI - graphic user interface - is very attractive and quite intuitive and iDrive like UI is actually easier to use than I thought. Controlling radio including Sirus Satellite radio and scrolling through my phone book without touching my iPhone via nicely laid out GUI is a breeze and there are various settings you can control, including DRL -daytime running lights - and door lock.

While I will post my own detailed review of MINI Connected in near future, see MINI Connected in a video and get an overview of all the current and up coming functionalities after the jump.





No comments:

Post a Comment