Sunday, May 29, 2011

Things I Like about MINI Countryman :: #002 Harman/Kardon Sound System

No 002 is the optional harman/kardon sound system I have on my Countryman as a part of Premium Package. While I am no audiophile, I can certainly appreciate the amazing sound quality of harman/kardon sound system. HK sound system features Digital Sound Processor and delivers concert-like experience by 10 speakers on eight channels with 400-watts of dynamic power (MINI USA sites states 480-watt, but HK site states 400-watt. Time to write a letter to MINI!) Read More >>



I love late night driving on the freeway or winding Mulholland Dr. listening to electronic tunes with nice beat and HK sound system delivers amazing experience.  The HK sound system produces enormously rich, detailed sound that gets better and better as you turn up the volume. It has very clear treble tones, good mid tones, and rich bass sounds. Other than dance/electronics, I also enjoy jazz & classical, and it is such a joy listening to music in my Countryman. While standard 6 speaker set up is adequate and $750 is no small money (or $1750 Premium Pkg with HK/Moonroof/Auto AC), HK sound system is simply a pleasure to my hearing senses and I feel it's definitely a money well spent. I highly recommend adding this option if you enjoy listening to music.

For Harman/Kardon site for MINI, with detailed description including full technical specification Click Here 

For another review of HK sound system (albeit it's for R50/53 models) Click Here

Link to Things I like about MINI Countryman #001

2 comments:

  1. So true! I have been enjoying it waaaaay more than I thought I would!
    -rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't going to add the HK Sound System. But when it was offered with the Premium Package I was sold. I'm glad I added it now and I love it!

    ReplyDelete