Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tracking my MINI Countryman :: Finally!!! At my MINI dealer!!!!!!!!!

Surprise, surprise!!! Who says Monday's gotta suck, because it definitely ain't! This afternoon, I got an email from my MINI dealer telling me that my Surf Blue Countryman is here! I really wasn't expecting that as it just arrived at Port Hueneme last Thursday and would need a few days (2-4 business days) to pass through the VDC. Well.. it turns out, it went through the VDC at lightening speed and arrived at my dealership last Saturday, May 14 - just in 2 short days! I wasn't planning on taking a delivery until this weekend, but that didn't stop me from grabbing my camera and drive down to the dealership to take the first look at it late night. While I was stoked to see my Countryman for the first time, my unauthorized presence at the dealership parking structure during the 'off hours' must also have excited the security guard working graveyard shift on this otherwise ordinary night. I was warned to leave the premise immediately via loud speakers! ;)


Added 05.18. Owner's Lounge is always a few days behind!





Click the images to enlarge

7 comments:

  1. Aaron~~
    Congratulations! You win, and by a number of days. Your MINI definitely got to the dealer faster than ours. All I got from the dealer yesterday was phone call telling me that our car was "at the port." Oh, well. It was nice riding with you on the Aurita Leader and thanks for providing a means for tracking our "Grasshopper" from Austria--this blog. Maybe today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, our cars from Auriga Leader are both at the dealerships. My MA says Fenton will be ready for pickup on Thursday 5/19 - when you do you get his shipmate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You _will_ get out of jail before the pickup date, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun adventure!! I'm so excited for you! I just found out that my ship (Martorell) is docking today-one day early :) Mine is surf blue also. Do you find that it is a rarely ordered color? I have seen several other colors in the wild (white, red, cosmic blue, true blue) but no surfs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my car was on the AR also. Found out today it was at the dealer in NM, I will pick it up on Saturday. My car is PR with black top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chulanda
    Thanks for sharing the excitement! It's been my pleasure as well~ but it is only the beginning! The real journey lies ahead of us! :) I am quite stoked. Have you picked up the Grasshopper yet?

    @GeorgeH
    So, picking up Fenton tomorrow? That's pretty sweet! Please post some pix on NMS! Most likely this weekend for me... if I can do prison break. lol

    @Anonymous1
    Yeah? Sweet! So it should be at VDC by now! Not sure what the take rate on Surf Blue, but surely it is more on the unique side it seems. Even looking at available dealer inventory, Surf Blue is a rare find. Good for us! ;)

    @Anonymous2
    Another shipmate! Awesome. Got to NM pretty quick! PR with Black looks really good! 3 more nights till Saturday! Woot!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Aaron~~
    It's Friday morning and the Grasshopper has yet to arrive at the dealer--that's 8 days. There were some "port" accessories (driving lights, mirror covers) to be installed at the VDC, but how long does that take? So much for priority treatment.... Meanwhile, you took a pix of an Oxford Green/black top CM coming off the ship. I think that was our car and now they are repainting the top to match our order-white....? Take care and I'm sure you are looking forward to tomorrow. Enjoy,

    ReplyDelete