Tuesday, June 7, 2011

MINIprofile #001 :: Rachel's 2011 Cooper Countryman


First up is Rachel's 2011 Cooper Countryman Surf Blue with White roof. Rachel has been CountrymanMotoring reader and I am very proud to present her beloved Countryman here on this blog! Read more >>

 

1. When did you have your MINI delivered?
-May 20 it arrived at the dealer in San Jose, CA. We picked it up on May 21 around 2PM.

2. "Make your own" or "I want it now"?
-Well, I certainly "wanted it now" but since we ordered in February there were only 2 available on the lot of our dealer.  We knew we wanted navigation and neither had that option so we opted to order even though it was a super long/difficult wait!


3. What drew you to MINI Countryman?
-I have wanted a MINI since their arrival on the US scene many years ago, but was not in a position to purchase (poor college student then poor graduate student).  Now my husband and I have a 22-month-old so the 4 door option was the best choice for our family.  I love Cooper hardtops, but knew as soon as the Countryman came out that it was the MINI for us :)

4. What other cars did you consider?
-before the Countryman came out we thought about getting the Clubman.  Other than that we didn't consider anything else.  I had waited for a MINI for so long, I couldn't imagine buying any other new car.  I have always said that a MINI was my dream car, even if I had all the money in the world I would get a MINI.  Something about it just speaks to me!  It really is an emotional choice since there are other more practical/cheaper options.

5. What car did you drive before?
-A silver Prius.  Probably the most bland car I have ever owned.

6. Is the your first MINI or second, third, fourth, etc?
-First and hopefully not last!

7. What is your favorite part/feature/function of your MINI?
-Love the sunroof!

8. What do you not like about your MINI?
-The rail system is pretty useless up front if you have the armrest.  The parking brake level probably should have gone on the floor.  Maybe there was a reason it wasn't on the floor, who knows?

9. What do your family and friends say about your MINI?
-Everyone is super excited for me since they know about my MINI obsession :)  The most common comment is "It is so much bigger than I thought it would be!"

10. What is your favorite story about your MINI?
-We have only had it for about 1.5 weeks so nothing comes to mind yet....

11. What is your favorite place to drive your MINI?
-We have a busy couple weeks so I haven't had a chance to drive it over the Santa Cruz Mtns. yet but I'm thinking that will be an awesome drive.

12. Who gets to drive your MINI other than you?
-My husband



13. Any name for your MINI?
-von Trapp  -I've always been a huge Sound of Music fan so since the Countryman is made in Austria it seemed like a good fit.  Fun fact: I also lived in Vienna, Austria for awhile while working at the United Nations!

14. One word best describes your MINI.
-FUN

15. Any Regrets?
-Not getting a MINI sooner!

16. Anything else you'd like to share?
-Thanks so much for having me on Countryman Motoring! I've really enjoyed all the information you have compiled on your blog, especially while I was enduring the ridiculously long wait for my car!

17. What options/packages does your MINI have?
-Premium pkg (Dual Pane Glassroof, Auto AC, HK sound system), MINI Connected/Navigation

Owner
First Name : Rachel
City, State : San Jose, CA
Occupation: Current, Stay at home Mom

MINI
Year -2011
Model -Countryman
Mileage -326
Color  -Surf Blue
Any modification (engine, suspension, transmission, exhaust, brake, wheels/tires, body... etc) :
short antennae, rubber floor mats, rubbish bag, boot liner

CountrymanMotoring thanks Rachel for sharing her enthusiasm and passion for MINI!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. :)
    Still waiting for mine--Surf Blue with black roof. Order placed may 5/5/11

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought one similar to this - same colors (surf blue, white roof). I went with the "I want it now" option. Should be ready for me any day now - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete