Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Living with MINI :: Pandora via MINI Connected

While I haven't wrote much about MINI Connected yet (I will write more in coming days), one of the features that I like is its seamless integration with Pandora. (Pandora is a wonderful internet radio for those not familiar with it) I am a frequent listener/fan of Pandora, but wasn't able to listen much on my GTI as my 9 year old car doesn't even come with AUX input for its Moonsoon sound system - only the cheap tape adapter would makes it possible. It's a whole different story in my MINI Countryman as I can simply connect my iPhone to MINI Connected (via supplied Y-Cable), listen as I wish, and even control everything all through MINI Connected without even touching my iPhone.



So how does it work?

First, connect the iPhone to MINI Connected to USB/Audio jack via supplied Y-Cable and Open Pandora app on iPhone. The screen changes to image above - Pandora & MINI logo with interchanging icon connecting the two. Then proceed to MINI Connected menu screen. Pandora option is now available.
Integrated Pandora interface then appears on MINI Connected screen and you have the ability to scroll through various menu options with the MINI Connected jog dial as you would on Pandora app on iPhone - Skip, Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, Bookmark this song, and Stations. So once connected, I don't have to touch my iPhone to scroll through the menus and use more intuitive jog dial in driving environment.

If you get a phone call while listening, it automatically switches to phone mode. When the phone call end, you can simply go to Radio or MINI Connected menu screen and choose Pandora again (I don't remember if it switched back automatically.. I will test and update again)

You do have to have free Pandora account to use Pandora app.
So if you like Pandora and listen to it in your car a lot, there is no reason not to like about the seamless integration between MINI Connected and Pandora.






2 comments:

  1. Aaron~~
    Now if you had an iPhone/Touch 'iCradle' you wouldn't have to lay your iPhone on the passenger seat when using the Pandora app.... ;-) Pandora is the best! Bluetooth (phone) does automatically switch back to radio mode when ending a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes about that.. we need to talk! :)

    ReplyDelete