Monday, June 13, 2011

Living with MINI :: Finally 300+ miles with single tank

My MINI Countryman finally traveled more than 300 miles on a single tank of gas meeting the claimed fuel consumption number of 28 mpg city/highway combined. I did some heavy driving this past weekend - including some nice winding mountain/country road (more on that later) and drove more than 320 miles with 11.3 gallons of premium 91 octane gasoline. It yields 28.3 mpg, which compares nicely to 2 previous mileage rating of around 23 mpg I had gotten. Out of 320 miles, I did around 100 miles of spirited mountain road driving while the rest were easy freeway cruising and city driving. 

While 28 mpg really isn't something to write home about as 40 mpg (highway) is becoming quite the norm, it definitely beats my GTI with 1.8 Turbo engine + 6 speed manual trans. in terms of mpg rating. Happy enough!

Oh yeah.. and first 1000 miles report is due!



No comments:

Post a Comment