Sunday, July 10, 2011

Living with MINI :: My Surf Blue Countryman update


So I haven't posted much about my Countryman lately. To provide a little update, it now has slightly over 2,000 miles, and everything has been very good so far. I am just loving its funky good looks, especially Surf Blue exterior combined with Black roof and 18 inch anthracite Turbo Fan wheels, its punch 1.6-liter turbo 4pot engine, and well.. so many other things! Any problem? There are some squeaks developing! Arghhh.. It's almost a sound of Countryman's metal body twitching. Also, either the engine gets pretty hot or the cooling system needs extra work! Lot of times, the cooling fan needs to be on after engine shutoff and it's quite loud. Auxiliary pump is always on as well (after engine shutoff). Speaking of a fan, I am not a fan of Countryman's sunvisor either.

One thing for sure though.. I smile every time I get behind the wheels of my Countryman!

5 comments:

  1. Nice vid! I just ordered my 2012 CM All4 on Saturday so my wait begins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! How exciting! When is the expected delivery date? Make sure you track it every step of the way! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I cant wait, I've had many sleepless nights agonizing over what options to get haha.. My MA said 6-8 weeks upon order acceptance.. hopefully I get the production number this week so latest Mid-September?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice fun with GoPro, Aaron. Now we're ready for the PCH run!
    -George

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaron, I am in love with this blog! I thought I was the only one obsessed with my order and I love how you met the boat. :) My surf blue MINI Countryman should have docked in South Carolina yesterday and my I am positively beside myself to have him come to Florida.
    This will be my second Cooper, and I have to say as much as you hate it, the fan issue is more of a standard operating feature of MINIs. Currently, my Cooper hardtop does the same thing, as does my friend's S and my mom's 2011 convertible. I know it sounds like it is chugging extra hard, but it seems to be a MINI thing. Hope this helps....
    Happy motoring!!

    ReplyDelete