Friday, November 18, 2011

MINI at LA Auto Show

LA Auto Show officially starts tomorrow, and CountrymanMotoring brings you the early preview of the MINI booth. I didn't bring my better camera.. so images from my iPhone 3GS would have to do. Obviously, the new MINI Coupe tates the center stage. Displayed are a pair of MINI Coupe models, Cooper S and JCW. MINI Coupe JCW is striking the White Silver with Red Roof combo.. which I like quite a bit. Exterior is purely iconic. You cannot miss this car as anything else on the road today. Truely unique. While some, my coworker for example, may not like the helmet roof, I think it's a well done piece. I also did like the more cozy feeling of Coupe interior with more raked windsheild and lower roof.
On the back, there are a trio of MINI Countryman being used as wall decorations. Various roof graphics are projected on to the qhite roof of each Countryman. You should stand and let it cycle through to find your favorite graphics!


 MINI Coupe JCW in White Silver with Red roof
 Cooper S Coupe with interesting tire skid mark decoration.. except such mark should not be behind the rear wheels and Cooper S Coupe is a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR! FAIL!!!! Nonetheless, cool idea..it emits smokes too!
 There are two Countryman in display: Base Countryman in True Blue with White Top and tricked out Cooper S Countryman!
 Ahhh.. and the MINI slots! After couple tries, I hit a jackpot with 3 German flags and won brand new 2012 MINI JCW Coupe!!!!!...I thought.. Nope. You don't actually win anything other than the loud sound it makes when you hit something.

  Some other graphics.. as 2012 is the year of dragons (Chinese Zodiac), MINI has put up one!

3 comments:

  1. Good report, Aaron. I have to agree with your co-worker, I do not like the helmet roof on the Coupe either. I find the helmet roof on the Countryman more subtle and a complement to the overall lines of the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chuck. Yes.. Countryman is definitely a keeper on all fronts! ;)

    ReplyDelete