Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Things I Like about my Countryman :: #004 Ambient Lighting

Ambient lighting on Countryman is one feature that really sets it apart from anything else in the market. While there are some other examples, there is no car in the market at the time that has ambient lighting running in the middle of the interior front to back via center rail. My only gripe would be not getting the full, single center rail so that I can enjoy the AL to the max! (my Countryman has split rail set up) Also, the AL via oval shaped door accents is something very unique to Countryman. The ambient lighting add a very cool illuminated 'ambiance' to what would have been an otherwise very dark cockpit and interior space. I also love the fact that I can set up different colors depending on my mood or have them change automatically. Everyone who gets a ride in my Countryman always get 'Wow'ed by it as well (especially at night for obvious reason) I also like how Ambient lighting is always on when engine is on, independent of headlight on or off.




6 comments:

  1. Aaron,

    I am still figuring out all the new features! How do you set up the colors to change automatically? Also, it looks like you have different colors going on there at the same time. How's that happening?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TL. To change color, press the toggle switch toward the front. For continuous color change, press and hold the second toggle switch for longer than 10 seconds. (I've added an image above) The color is uniform through out ambient lighting. Individual light color change is not available. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I tried toggled as you mentioned, yet the color does not changed automatically. Do you know why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you turn it off?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a 2013 Countryman. I accidentally turned off the ambient lighting, as I was attempting to turn off the overhead light.... And now I cannot get the ambient lighting to come back on! I have tried contacting the dealer's service department numerous times, but they are clueless. This seems like such a simple request, so I am becoming extremely frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many ambient colours do you get? I seem to only get red - yellow - to green. My old Cooper S was orange to blue…I'm missing that blue!

    ReplyDelete