Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Living with MINI :: Complimentary Car Wash at South Bay MINI

One of the perks from South Bay MINI, the dealership I got my Countryman from, is the free any time hand car wash. All I have to do bring the car to the dealership, pull into the service drive and turn my flashers on. They will bring it to the back for a hand car wash and get it back to me, usually within 20-30 minutes. It is part of their VIP program for those who buy/lease from South Bay BMW/MINI. The perks included in VIP program is pretty much standard fare, with car wash and LAX-drop off being stand outs. 

So last Thursday, as I was taking a half day off, I drove down from my work in Santa Monica to South Bay MINI to get the car wash. This isn't the first time my Countryman received free car wash from South Bay. However, it is the first time I personally took the MINI in for one.




After a nice drive down, I got their just around the lunch time. As I pulled the MINI on to the service drive, there was no one outside. So I went in and asked the service adviser for a car wash. He told me about 20-30 min time frame as the handler put big phat pink VIP hanger on the rear view mirror and drove back. I strolled around the lot and noticed something different. The row where assortment of new MINIs were parked last time, it was replaced by a boring row of new 3 series sedans in various color hue as long as they are black, white, gray, or silver. This was a sign that the inventory of MINI is low at South Bay. For example, I saw 13 Countryman S models all lined up last time, but I only saw two in the front this time around; Red/Red Cooper S and Royal Gray/Black All4.



South Bay MINI has Oxford Green Cooper S Countryman in their loaner fleet!

 The car wash bay on the back is covered with Green canopy. They can wash more than 4 cars simultaneously.



After about 25 minutes, my Countryman was ready to go, nicely refreshed. However, frankly, the result was less than stellar. There were still some spots that wasn't washed thoroughly. While I do not expect all that much from free, quick car wash, I will have to do my own (as I do with my other ride) in between complimentary washes for complete pampering.

By the way, the complimentary car wash is exterior wash and carpet vacuum only. They do offer other more detailed car wash services. 

Full Photo Set of Car Wash at South Bay >>



3 comments:

  1. I read that you have to keep the "South Bay BMW/MINI" frame on both front and back license plates, as well as a VIP sticket on front windshield to receive the car wash. Not sure I want those on my car all the time! Did you keep them on or did they wash the car without?

    Thanks! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin

    Yeah.. I read that too.. while I didn't have any plates, I don't think they will care much even if you don't have the dealer license frame as long as you are a South Bay customer (with Sticker at least). Perhaps, good excuse would be your own license plate frame! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting post. I really enjoyed reading it.

    Rent Mini

    ReplyDelete