Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Countryman will get a big, fat badge

How would you like to have big, fat "C O U N T R Y M A N" emblem plastered on to the hatch of your Countryman? According to MotoringFile, the MINI Countryman will follow the Paceman and become the second MINI to have its model name emblem across the rear hatch. The move will start with March production of Countryman models rolling out of its Austrian factory by Magna Steyr. MotoringFile claims that according to the insider, MINI is bowing to market research that has show how people don't understand the differences between various MINI models.





As for me, I am very happy with the way it has been till now - NO BADGE - leaving the vast amount of big hatch real estate clean and tidy, having just Cooper or Cooper S on the lower right corner. While I understand the reasoning behind - people really do get confused with the naming convention of MINI, ie MINI Cooper S ALL4 Countryman John Cooper Works - does this mean MINI will plaster "Hardtop" or "Convertible" emblem onto the appropriate model? I am sure they won't, but you get the point. Also, washing the car by yourself will provide more hassle with "COUNTRYMAN" emblem stuck with rather large space between the letters. Can you imagine waxing around the letters? I hope MINI will have a debadge option for those of us who prefers clean and easy-to-clean hatch surface!

Below shows the current, clean setup.

  
[ Source :: MotoringFile ]

6 comments:

  1. My question is - since my Countryman went through the "birth canal" on 2/22/13, could I, later, get his boot tattooed with his name for free?

    ~Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That depends on how nicely you ask to your Motoring Adviser! =)

    If you haven't finalized the purchase price with the dealership, you can certainly ask your MA to include retrofitting the emblem when the part becomes available. Good luck and let us know how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this badging on the Paceman but not as much on the Countryman. I think it is because of the extra letters in the name, makes it look busier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno, I think you are right about the clean and tidy rear. I would hate to have to go around all those letters to clean my car.

    Unsolicited updates :)

    My baby is somewhere in the Atlantic on a K-line ship, California Highway. Great looking ship, btw, but I can't track her like I could have done with the WW ships. I'm supposed to take delivery sometimes in the first week of April.

    ~Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just ordered my Countryman in "Stealth" mode....which means without the big, fat countryman. You have to special request 'Stealth' mode. It's ugly, Mini can do market awareness the traditional way!

    ReplyDelete