Thursday, December 22, 2011

#1 US Market Complaint About MINI Countryman

I've been meaning to post this 'ridonculous' finding that surfaced about a month ago on MotoringFile. While Countryman is the largest MINI ever, according to research MINI USA has received, its #1 complaint from US is...... It's too small! Remember Countryman is a MINI that raised eyebrows of many MINI faithfuls when it was first unveiled. But just like all other MINI (R50, R53 and R56) many American consumers think it's not big enough.




I personally find this very ridiculous and MINI USA is apparently on the same page. If one is buying a 'MINI', one is not buying 'big' or 'large'! While Countryman is one of the smallest crossover in the market place, it's still the biggest MINI with cleverly packaged interior that provides surprisingly adequate space for four, excluding their luggage, mind you. Can it have more luggage space? Sure! You can go buy BMW X1 or X3!

IMHO, Countryman is a car that is big enough for everyday living, yet small enough to keep the MINI brands ideals. It has well proportioned, yet funky MINI design language, fun driving characteristics/dynamics of MINI, and unique features/configurations only MINI can offer.

Also, as a Countryman owner, I can say that I am happy with its size (it is still shorter than Volkswagen Golf!) and hope it doesn't grow any bigger in the future at the expense of losing its fun character.

What do you think? Do you think Countryman is too 'Small'?

[ Source :: MotoringFile ]

5 comments:

  1. Maybe the folks who participated in the survey should drive a Countryman. While size sometimes matters, bigger is not always the winner. For my money, needs, and driving style, the Countryman is a perfect fit! Please, no bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the Countryman is big enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My last vehicle was an Explorer Sportrac...I am now a happy Countryman owner. Plenty of room for four and consumes less fuel than my old reliable gas guzzler. Leave it as is...Countryman fits me well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered a Countryman - can't wait. I'm replacing my larger Infinity FX with the smaller Countryman. My biggest consideration as an alternative was a Ford Explorer. But in the end, I love driving and I can pick up my kids at school easily in the Countryman. 99% of the time it's big enough to do everything I do in my larger Infinity. 95% of the time its big enough to do anything I would do with an Explorer. Sure every blue moon I need to haul something big or pickup more than 4 people. But every single day I want to have some fun! Why drive a giant vehicle when most of the time there is only one person in it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the number 1 complaint of countryman owners has to be the front cupholders!

    scott

    2012 countryman S All4

    ReplyDelete