Monday, March 28, 2011

Why Countryman? [Part 1]

So.. Why Countryman among all the other excellent cars in the market place? When I started searching for a new car in late January of 2011, I wanted something new and unique. I am a designer by trade and avid car enthusiast. Thus an exciting car with good design and great vehicle dynamics with big fun-to-drive factor was quite important. Also, since this car would be replacing a sedan in our family, practicality with 4 doors was a must, thus eliminating sports cars and even coupe from the list effectively.

Some cars that I've put considerations include Kia Optima SX. Volkswagen GTI and Passat CC, Audi A3 and A4, BMW 3 series. I've not considered high performance cars such as WRX STI, Evo.. for various reasons. Then.. one day I thought of MINI and its new member of its family: The Countryman. The first MINI with 4 doors... it sounded just right as it meets the basic requirement of my search. On top of that,  I've always wanted a MINI. I even thought of replacing my current GTI with Cooper S, but didn't make it happen.

So... on the paper, it's THE car. 4 doors, hatchback practicality, go-kart handling (well.. it would be a bit mellower than the hardtop as it's bigger and sits higher), fun-to-drive, BMW built, all packaged in a very unique design inside-out!

No comments:

Post a Comment