Sunday, May 6, 2012

15,000 miles update

After almost one year of joy, whether it be every time I grab the steering wheel, or simply gazing at its funky good looks, my Countryman's the odometer recently hit 15,000miles mark!  and I am happy to report it has been almost drama-free. The only time that required service, other than 15k miles scheduled maintenance, was to replace the peeling chrome DLO trim, which was covered under warranty.


On board computer indicates overall mileage rating of 25.8 MPG, which is rather disappointing. However, the car is driven mostly in bad LA traffic. There is no apparent sign of wear and tear inside, other than carpeted floor mat. I think I will stick with all-weather mats next time around.

One thing that I do not like is the stock Pirelli P7 run flat tires. Not only there worn worse and quicker than I thought, especially for the front, they are just too noisy and gives harsh ride. One thing to note: the tires were not rotated up to this point, which I overlooked, and I highly recommend doing so at around 7,500 miles.  Thus I recently changed all 4 to non-run flat tires (another write up on this later on)


4 comments:

  1. What's been your average MPG up till now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I'm glad you're enjoying your car! I am too :)

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting!! Can't wait to hear how the next 15K goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just bought a countryman All4 and I'm trying to know everything about this beauty. I don't like the run flat tires either. But I heard that if I want to change to non-run flat tires, I have to change the wheels at the same time. Is that true? Thank you! BTW: I found your blog by Google. Your Kowalski is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete