Friday, January 20, 2012

How To Get Involved


Hi All!

I'm making a real quick post today.  Not much to say about the Countryman, haven't taken it on many road trips but I did have the car detailed last week!


What I want to mention are some ways you can "get involved" in the MINI Community and network with people from around the country, and world, that share the same passion as you!

First off, the MINI Countryman Owners Group on Facebook, run by Lori Griffin is a fantastic start!  There are members that post frequently, including myself, and an abundance of great knowledge and stories are shared.  Of course this is my first place to go to ask questions, and to share my experiences with Kowalski.

James Day has done a wonderful job with his website Library of Motoring.  If you want a place to keep up in the world of MINI, to learn about product launches, special editions, collectibles, and follow MINI in its racing / rallying career, this is the place for you!

Then there are the forums:

The slogan for Motoring Alliance is "The Friendly MINI Community" and my experience has been just that.  This is where I do most of my question asking and research.  This particular site has been a community that has grown but still feels small enough to be like a big happy family.

I can't talk about forums and not mention North American Motoring!  This blog seems to be the biggest, most well known, and most informative website out there about all things MINI.  I am not a big poster on NAM but I do go there to look for information that I can't find elsewhere.


Now, I realize there are PLENTY of other MINI communities out there, these in particular are just the ones I use on a daily basis.  If you have any other website suggestions, please post a comment! This is a learning and sharing experience for the both of us.


6 comments:

  1. Motoring FIle is another place to watch for industry news and to listen to White Roof Radio--centers on MINIs and all kinds of information. There are some British sites, too, but I seldom visit those. Kind of fun though to see what the MINI's home country MINIACs are thinking and talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh of course Motoring File! How could I forget? Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshineminis.org too! Great forum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great links everyone, thanks. I'm a "hope to be soon to be Mini Countryman ownwer".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck in your MINI adventures! Hopefully you get to be a MINI Countryman owner soon!!

      Delete