Monday, October 31, 2011

Living with MINI :: my Countryman's Chrome Tape FAIL *UPDATE

Back in early September, I've reported the unfortunate quality issue of MINI Countryman's DLO chrome trim tape peeling off. After two months, the part still haven't been replaced due to 'lack of inventory' according to my dealer South Bay MINI. Since it's only a small cosmetic issue, I actually haven't pushed hard to get it fixed. However, since they claim that they still have not received the parts from the factory, I am starting to suspect whether MINI is serious in addressing this issue or not. 

5 comments:

  1. According to my MINI service manager in Monrovia, there is a "recall" to replace the DLO trim but the replacement parts peeled also. Stainless is used on the Hardtop, why not the Countryman? Stay tuned....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Chulanda, my Clubman had the hard trim (not really stainless, but plastic that looks like metal).

    My Countryman just had its trim replaced this week, and the replacements are the same tape/foil trim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took delivery of my All4S in June. Just noticed the chrome foil failing Dec 31. Found numerous web postings regarding the issue. Sent an email to Mini USA last night via the owners lounge and will visit the dealer tomorrow to see if replacement is available. What a low-end design for a nice car! Wish me luck. Anyone else with info on status of a permanent replacement?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My trim started peeling off in July 2011, less than 2 months after pickup. I've been calling MINI USA every month on this and they say they are "working on it". I told them this is affecting our decision to buy another MINI when our old Cooper is ready for replacing. When you pay over $30,000 for a car, you want it to be nice for at LEAST a year. All I can offer is EVERYONE that is experiencing this...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call MINI USA and complain. The more complaints they have, the more they will be forced to address this in a more timely manner.

    ReplyDelete